Anonymous asked: Poinsettia
My favorite holiday dish would be tortierre, a meat pie made with a mix of ground beef, pork, and veal. My dad has a great recipe for it.
completeandtotalmadness asked: The first SEGA/Atlus crossover release: Persona 4 USA. It's just normal Persona 4, but "persona" is sung in the voice of the Daytona theme
I’m in, but only if all the characters are replaced by race cars that are colored like the Persona characters’ clothes.
✿ flowery asks ✿
- Daisy: How old were you when you had your first kiss?
- Carnation: If I handed you a concert ticket right now, who would you want to be the performer?
- Jasmine: What color looks best on you?
- foxglove: Name three facts about your family?
- Allium: What's the best thing you can cook?
- Orange Blossom: If you could pick the gender and appearance of your child, would you?
- Calla Lily: If you died right now, what song would you want to play at your funeral?
- Poinsettia: Favorite holiday dish?
- Oxlip: Would you ever get into a long distance relationship?
- Primrose: Favorite kind of soup?
- Daffodil: What's the most thoughtful present you've ever received?
- Rose: Are you currently in love with someone?
- Amsonia: Would you ever become a vegan?
- Peony: What's your favorite hot beverage?
- Tulip: For your birthday, what kind of cake do you ask for?
- Myrtle: Do you like going on airplanes?
- Hibiscus: Did you ever play an instrument? If so what?
- Zinnia: Who was your best friend when you were six years old?
- Poppy: What color was your childhood home?
- Hydrangea: Starbucks order?
- Violet: Do you like where you're from?
- Locust: What was your favorite book as a child?
- Rhododendron: What's the scariest dream you've ever had?
- Queen Anne's Lace: Would you rather carve pumpkins or wrap presents?
- Magnolia: Favorite kind of candy?
- Aster: Would you rather be cold or hot?
- Marigold: Do you listen to what's on the radio?
- Heliconia: Do you like when it rains?
- Azalea: What's a movie you cried while watching?
- Dandelion: Do you think you're important?
monzo12782 asked: To get back to Transformers Latin a minute: there is a dude in the 1986 Transformers cartoon movie named Hot Rod. He is a "turbo-revvin' young punk" who gets a mystical doohickey that robo-evolves him into the new Autobot leader. Since the last Autobot leader was Optimus Prime, Hot Rod becomes... "Rodimus Prime". Does that mean anything in Latin? Like, anything at all? I have always been kind of embarrassed by its existence.
Rodimus does actually mean something, but only by sheer coincidence. They obviously just did a half-assed portmanteau of Rod and Optimus to make the name, regardless of whatever it might mean (“Optimus” as I believe we discussed before, means “best”).
Rodimus is actually a form of the verb rodere, which is the source of the English word rodent. It means “to gnaw.” Specifically, the form “rodimus” means “we are gnawing.” Maybe not the best name for a cool robot car.
Anonymous asked: Wario, what's your opinion about Anita Sarkeesian stealing artwork? cowkitty[.]net/post/78808973663/you-stole-my-artwork-an-open-letter-to-anita
Wario thinks the most important thing in this situation is that Anita reaches out to resolve the situation with the artist privately; which according to the artist, she has contacted her and it working on a resolution. The artist has also stated that she would not like this to turn into a witchhunt, and that she wants discussion of the topic to remain civil. But those updates are being left out by many in favor of a narrative where Anita is a master thief, silently sneaking into museums to steal artwork from purehearted artists for her evil feminist videos.
Wario likes to imagine Anita is used to googling assets and using images with the assumption they are official art and/or liable for Fair Use; not a good assumption to make when you’re making something of a high quality with a sizable budget like Tropes vs Women, but everyone makes mistakes. Hopefully Anita will take greater care in the future to make sure content is fair use.
It’s always a little disappointing to see someone with a controversial message like Anita make a mistake like this, since it will inevitably get blown several orders of magnitude out of proportion and be used to justify the hate against her. If this same situation involved a male content creator with controversial videos about gaming, it would not even register for most people as a blip on their radar.